Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: bloodplay, bloodsports, cutting, Deborah Addington, hepatitis C, HIV, Instigator Magazine, lesbian safe sex, maroon, piercing, Play Piercing, purple, queer culture, queer sex, safe sex, safer sex, SM
Categories : safer sex
Specific Cares Required
- Any activities involving blood carry a higher risk for Hepatitis C, HIV and other blood born viruses.
- Using new equipment, wearing gloves and keeping the procedure sterile dramatically reduces the risk of transmitting bacteria and viruses.
- Make sure there’s an experienced player involved (rather than 2 novices going at it for the first time).
- You can’t learn this stuff from text, you need to learn it from a professional or experienced player.
- On piercing, see Deborah Addington’s Play Piercing or Instigator Magazine 21.
- Any blood spills should be cleaned up using bleach or alcohol and detergent solutions.
- Blood on sheets or clothing should be washed with an antibacterial detergent (bleach/napisan).
- Infection usually comes from foreign sweat or lube entering the open wound. Treat and dress wounds immediately after cutting/piercing.
[Consensual Sadomasochism, Instigator Magazine, Play Piercing, Sports Medicine Australia]
Our complete safer sex guide is here.