|PINK, Light||dildo wielder||dildo fuckee|
How to be safer: Use a new condom for every partner or orifice. Wash toys after (and/or before) use. Safest: Keep a separate toy for each partner and yourself.
Cleaning sex toys: Porous toys (made from jelly, rubber, PVC, vinyl, or Cyberskin) can be cleaned (with soap and water) but not completely disinfected. Always use a condom with porous toys. Nonporous toys (made from silicone, acrylic, glass or metal) can be disinfected:
- Silicone: hot water and anti-bacterial soap, sex toy cleaner, diluted bleach solution (10:1 water-to-bleach), boiled for 5-10 minutes
- Acrylic: hot water and anti-bacterial soap, diluted bleach solution (dry with soft cloth, paper towel can scratch them)
- Glass: hot water and anti-bacterial soap, diluted bleach solution, alcohol
- Metal and other materials: see manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure that DIY sex toys are safe by ensuring they are not brittle, do not have sharp edges and are able to be cleaned easily and often
Our complete safer sex guide is here.